ParentMail 1 – End of Year Process for Schools using SIMS
Please read through these instructions carefully before starting the end of year process.
In order for us to update your ParentMail account for the new academic year, we require the following information from you:
- Data Slips showing parent email addresses and mobile numbers for your new intake. (see Step 1 below).
- Cover sheet – This cover sheet provides us information about the data you are sending and where the data is being sent from. It must be filled in with the school name and postcode, as well as how many data slips are being sent. (see Step 1 below)
- 2 x Summer Reports run from SIMS. One report will pick up the existing pupils, and the other report picks up your new intake (see Step 2 below).
IMPORTANT: We need ALL of the above information in full and in the required format by the end of business Monday 3rd July 2017. Providing the information by this date enables us to check everything is correct and to contact you if there are any discrepancies before the summer holidays.
If we receive the information late, with elements missing, or in the wrong format we cannot guarantee your account will be ready to use in September 2017.
Step 1: Data Slips and Cover Sheet
First, you will need to collect data from the parents of your new intake. Send out your data forms along with their accompanying letter (download here) to your new parents, asking them to provide their child’s details, parent email addresses, and mobile numbers, and then return to you.
Next, send your data slips and completed cover sheet (download here) to the address below, clearly marked ‘Summer Data’, via recorded delivery or registered post.
Please do not send less than 50 data slips for each submission unless this is all you have or it is the final batch of slips.
You can also send us this data electronically, for details, scroll down to ‘Additional Information’.
- If you have not managed to collect information from all parents of your new intake, we recommend that you send the information you do have before the deadline date and send the remaining information at the start of the new academic year.
Step 2: Importing and Running Your Summer SIMS Files
It’s essential that the following process is only completed once SIMS has been updated in preparation for the new academic year. This includes:
- Accepting new applicants.
- Promoting current pupils into new year’s.
- Completing the Leavers routine for all pupils leaving the school in July.
The administrator completing this process will need to have third party rights access permissions set in SIMS.
If you need help with any of the above, contact SIMS directly as ParentMail are unable to assist.
If you followed these instructions last year please continue to download this year’s reports.
First, to import the Summer reports (RptDef files) into SIMS follow these steps:
- Right click one of the files below, and select ‘Save As’ to save them to a location on your computer. Repeat the process for the second file. If you are a centrally hosted school you’ll need to save the reports to the same drive as your SIMS service.
ParentMail – Summer Rollup 1718.RptDef
ParentMail – Summer Applicants 1718.RptDef
- You can’t open these files , they can only be saved, and then imported into SIMS.
- Log into SIMS.
- Select ‘Reports’ from the SIMS main menu and then select ‘Import’.
- In the Import window, select ‘Open’ and search for one of the files that you have saved. Select the file and click ‘OK’, the Import window will now show a status of ‘Pending’.
- Click ‘Import’ to import the file. The status will now change to ‘Imported’ and the report will be available when you close the import window.
- Repeat this process for the second download file.
Now You Need to Run the Reports to extract data from SIMS:
Running the Summer Rollup 1718.RptDef:
- In SIMS, go to ‘Reports’ and select ‘Run Report’.
- Within the ‘Focus’ folder open the ‘Student’ folder and find the ‘ParentMail – Summer Rollup 1718.RptDef’ report.
- Double click on the report.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to ‘Supply Effective Date’.
- Un-tick the box at the bottom which says “Bypass effective date (Use Today)”. You will now be able to select the effective date.
IMPORTANT: In order to display data correctly, the effective date selected must be after the date of admission for new students.
Effective date example:
Date of admission = 04/09/2017
Effective Date = 05/09/2017
- Click ‘OK’.
- An ‘Export as Text’ window will appear, select browse, and save the new SIMS file to a location of your choice.
- Name the report ‘SummerRollup1718.csv’.
IMPORTANT: If you do not save the file with .csv at the end, the import file will be invalid and will not work.
- Click Save to return to the ‘Export as Text’ window.
- Click ‘OK’ to create the file, and then ‘OK’ again when the system tells you the file has been created.
Running the Summer Applicants 1718.RptDef:
- To run the Summer Applicants file complete the same process as above, naming it ‘NewApplicants1718.csv’. Be aware that once imported the file will be saved under ‘Focus’ then the ‘Application’ folder and not the ‘Focus’ and ‘Student’ folder as the Summer rollup import was.
Step 3: Sending the SIMS Files to ParentMail Securely
Getting your SIMS files to us securely is essential to ensure that we can review and process your submissions. (DO NOT SEND US YOUR SIMS FILES BY EMAIL).
- Log into ParentMail.
- From the ‘Home’ page select the ‘Support/Upload’ tab on the left hand side.
- In the subject box type ‘Summer Data’ along with your school name and postcode.
- To attach your SIMS files, click ‘Browse’, search for the ‘SummerRollup1718.csv’ file on your computer, then click open. Then select the ‘Browse option again and search for ‘NewApplicants 1718.csv’ and click open. Each upload will appear below the last. You can send both files in one upload.
- If you want to send us a message about your account, or let us know about any specific requirements, type this in the message box below.
- Click ‘Submit’ to send us the file.
- You will then see a message confirming that you are sending an attachment, please click ‘OK’.
Your file has now been sent securely.
IMPORTANT: If any of the information above is missing or is not in the required format we will be unable to process your data or complete your summer promotion.
Congratulations! Your Data Submission is Now Complete.
What Happens Next?
- All submitted data will be checked.
- You will receive a confirmation email within 10 working days to advise whether your data is correct or incorrect and needs attention. Please do not contact us until you have received this email.
We can also accept new intake data electronically via the Support/Upload facility as mentioned above (see Step 3) rather than by post. The data spread sheet should be sent in excel format and needs to include the child’s forename and surname, year, class, and date of birth, followed by parent name, email address, and mobile number, as below. For children with multiple contacts the sheet MUST contain one complete line (Child and Parent details) for each contact.
|Child’s Fore Name||Child’s Surname||Year||Class||DOB||Parent First Name||Parent Surname||Email address||Mobile number|
All leavers will be automatically removed from your ParentMail account.