Why do parents want school communications on their mobile?
We’re sure it hasn’t passed you by, but mobile phones have come a long way in the last few years! Now they are literally computers in your hand and can do all sorts of useful things from delivering your email to giving you directions on a journey. They’re no longer just about getting text messages, and we at ParentMail have been quick to modify our services to work on mobiles:
- Texts are easy, quick to send and received quicker than any other form of communication. Club cancelled? School trip finishing early? Accident in school? Parents can receive this information instantly, making life easier for everybody.
- But schools aren’t restricted to text! With ParentMail they can send home emails, forms, surveys, permissions and payment requests – which can all be completed on a phone and sent back instantly!
- There are three times as many mobile phones in the world as there are computers.
- 91% of adults keep their smartphones within arm’s reach according to research from Morgan Stanley, so it’s almost impossible for parents to miss out on important school messages!
- With our new apps, parents don’t have to worry about searching through their busy inbox to find messages, now they can go straight to their ParentMail feed as soon as they receive an in-app notification.
- According to the Mobile Marketing Association, of the 7 billion people on the planet, 4.8 billion own a mobile phone – only 4.1 billion own a toothbrush.
- No more printing forms at home, searching through school bags or trying to find a pen to sign something – now parents can sit back and complete forms and permission slips at their leisure all from their mobile phone. Easy!
- Saving the environment! Schools can now reduce the amount of paper they use by sending all school communications home electronically.
- Parents will now be able to keep track of all school messages they have been sent, referring back to them at any time. That includes events and forms too – so they can check back on dates and times, or see what they ordered for their child’s dinner that week.
- ParentMail on mobile helps keep parents organised – with reminders for events or payments coming through a week, a day, or an hour before they’re needed.
- TNS research commissioned by Google found that the smartphone is considered the “go to” device and is the only device which is used throughout the entire day, meaning parents can be reached morning, noon and night!
We know that parents are excited about our new apps; schools are excited about improving communications and we at ParentMail are excited about improving the parent experience – It’s a win win for everybody! To find out more about ParentMail and how we could help your school or club, leave a comment below or request a demo at firstname.lastname@example.org